Shassie Love Letters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge of the Shuffel!

2 posters

Go down

Revenge of the Shuffel! Empty Revenge of the Shuffel!

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 am

...This is what happens when I'm bored because I'm up late - happy shuffling!

Revenge of the Shassie Shuffle!
The rules: Grab your ipod/Mp3 player or pull up a playlist on your computer. Hit shuffle. The first 15 songs are now your official Shassie playlist. NO CHEATING!!

New Rule: No matter how bizarre, perfect, or angsty – you have to write a short Shassie moment to accommodate a lyric from EACH song. Let’s see how creative we can get! Maybe by the end (if you reach the end) you’ll totally hate your life, or totally be inspired to write an all out song fic. It’s up for the fates to decide!

1. Don’t Turn off The Lights – Enrique Iglesias (So far so good lol...)
Lyric: “I can’t read your mind, I need to know what I’m doing is right.”
Moment: Shawn wasted no time, he led Lassiter to the bedroom – kissing him all over the second they landed on the bed. Lassiter amidst all the kissing and touching stretched out his free arm and flicked off the lamp. Within seconds Shawn had reached over and turned the lamp back on. The two never broke apart, but their tiny war had begun. Lassiter turned the lamp off, Shawn flicked it back on. This went on for several minutes.
“Lassie!” Shawn finally urged. “Leave it; I want to look at you.”
Lassiter went red, but he kept the light on.

2. Sakura – DDR Extreme
Lyric: (Ugh, this song is doesn’t have any lyrics, its battle music....none the less...)
Moment: Lassiter ran has hard and as fast he could, never breaking stride as he weaved through the various pillars that filled the old building. He had to hurry, he had to save Shawn. Somewhere in this building, Shawn was attached to a mad man and a bomb. Lassiter only had minutes left.

3.Cold Wind Blows Eminem (The only Eminem song I’ve ever really pictured Shassie to is the song Seduction......This one was difficult. I generally don’t mix Eminem/Psych – I love me some slim shady but.....yeah...)
Lyric: Shouldn’t be difficult to explain, just why you came back again -you hate the fame, love the game. Cold as ice he’ll remain ‘fuck em all, tell em all. Eat sh*t -here we go again...
Moment: Lassiter looked over the case file over and over again and couldn’t figure out what he was missing. It was driving him nuts! Kaden was dead and his only lead was a 4 year old. When he explained to the chief the trouble he was having, he expected her to grill him and just tell him to get on it. Instead she took an uncomfortable pose. “Well detective, it’s odd timing you bring this sort of trouble up. I don’t really know how to tell you...”
“Tell me what?” Lassiter leaned forward a bit to try to make sense of what the chief was saying.
“She’s having trouble telling you that I’m back in town Lassie.”
Lassiter froze, and he turned slowly to see a face he hadn’t seen in three years. Shawn Spencer.

4.Whoa is Me – Down with Webster
Lyric: I try to act like a child Born yesterday, but born to be wild, I cheated to get what I got, Stepped all up and you set for my spot.

Moment: Shawn was rocking out as hard as he could, he wasn’t the best singer in the world but the surrounding bar was way too drunk to care and they happily sang along to Shawn’s boisterous-drunken karaoke. All say for detective Lassiter who stood by the stage with his arms crossed. He had a stern look on his face – a stern look that quickly turned into a panic when Shawn suddenly slipped off the stage. His loud singing ceased and he gave a shout of surprise. Lassiter acted on instinct and lunged forward catching Spencer bridal style.

“I’m saved!”Shawn cheered, as did the people around them. Lassiter huffed.

“Spencer I’m taking you home!”

5.One (Blake’s Got a New Face) – Vampire Weekend. (Again, a band/artist I generally don’t mix with Psych let alone Shassie....oy!)
Lyric: Nastiness will cause you doom, turn and walk back to your room.
Moment: Shawn and Lassiter had been arguing for the past half n hour, it seemed neither one was letting up. However it got to the point where Shawn completely forgot what the fight was about. Mid-yell he stopped and turned disappearing into their shared bedroom.
“Shawn!” Lassiter yelled. “Get back here! I wasn’t finished talking!”
Shawn returned seconds later, holding his finger to his mouth in a hush. “Shh – yes, you’re done talking.”Shawn encouraged. He gave Lassiter a kiss. “You’re done and late for work, here. Take this with you.” Shawn folded Lassiter’s hand over a stress ball.
Lassiter looked to Shawn who was suddenly smiling ear to ear – god damn Lassiter loved him sometimes.

6. I’m an Asshole – Denis Leary (........God damn this is a tough one LOL)
Lyric: ‘Well sometimes that’s just not enough to keep a man like me interested – uh uh, no way- no I gotta go out and have fun, at someone elses expense, yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah.. I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane, while people behind me are going insane I’m an ass hole!’

Moment: Shawn had bested Lassiter yet AGAIN to another case. Lassiter was astonished, and quite frankly pissed. He watched through clenched teeth as Shawn celebrated his latest case via dance. The psychic pranced around like fool, only stopping once he was close enough to the detective to give him a kiss on the cheek.
“A kiss for the second place winner.”Shawn then pranced away leaving Lassiter with a wet cheek.
“God dammit Spencer!”

7. Magic Melody – DHT
Lyric: ‘Come to me children, and follow my way. Into the world of darkness and magic...With all my power I’ll show you the way...Tune all your dreams, hopes, and illusions..’

Moment: Lassiter was dreaming, at least he was sure he was dreaming? Was it usually foggy in Santa Barbara? And why was he unarmed? The detective walked slowly, being able to faintly here the sound of someone calling him. The voice was so sweet, so seductive.... Lassiter stepped into the park, a strange glow emitting from the very center. “Spencer?”
It was Shawn, or at least someone who looked like Shawn – and he was dancing around in a strange rhythm, repeatedly calling out Lassiter’s name, glowing orbs of all colours surrounded the psychic and moved around him as he moved. Shawn’s body was surrounded by a green aura – the aura seemed to get stronger with every step Lassiter took towards Shawn.
“Spencer what’s happening?”

8. Year of the Cat – Al Stewart (Not half bad, if it wasn’t for the fact this song was specifically written about a GIRL...)
Lyric: ‘On a morning of a Bogart movie, in a country where they turned back time – you go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorry contemplating a crime...’

Moment: The ‘psychic’ had gotten wind of Lassiter being on a case that involved the movie set the detective was currently walking across. The movie was based in the 20’s and the construction crew had been flawless; cobblestone ground, old barber shops, dress maker shops, and battered up taverns. Shawn had spotted Lassie walking across the set as soon as he stepped into the studio and couldn’t help but smile at the way Lassiter was looked; in one of his suits, and acting nonchalant. He looked like he belonged there.
“Lassie!” Shawn called for the detectives attention. “You were born way after your time!”

9. Paper Tigers – Thrice (.....Wtf am I supposed to do with this one......oy. *cracks knuckles and tries anyway.*)
Lyric: And we paid the price, we paid for their crimes with our blood, with our blood, with our blood, with our blood

Moment: A month. A month had passed, and Shawn still hadn’t woken up. The druggie hadn’t thought twice. Shawn was just trying to help him. Lassiter could still see it clearly in his head, Shawn approaching the troubled teen talking in a hushed tone.
“It’s okay...” Shawn said. “We can help you, just put the gun down..”
“No!!” The teen snapped and before either of them knew what was happening, he had pulled the trigger. 1...2.....4 times.....
Lassiter took a shaky breathe, it was a miracle Shawn was still alive.... but for how much longer?

10. F.O.H – Infant Sorrow. ( Lool.......It’s ironic it’s this song that popped up next, the acronym F.O.H stands for F*cking on Heroin. It’s a love song for Heroin.....No kidding lol.)
Lyric: ‘Everyone tells me it’s wrong, so why does it feel so gosh darn right? I stay clean in the daytime, oh but baby just wait until tonight...Yeah you’re all I need, yea you’re all I want. I can’t beat this feeling let’s get it on...’

Moment: Lassiter finally had Shawn alone; the week had been so hectic he barely had time to see his lover outside a professional setting. Now Shawn was all his, and he planned on making this night last. He set it out all perfectly, the candles, the dinner, the bed, and the toys.... The doorbell rang, and Lassiter smiled. It was showtime.

11. Nowhere in the Neighbourhood – Jace Everett (Ugh......country....Why do I even have this song on my ipod? *cries*)
Lyric: .............*brain breaks*........I’m skipping this one dammit!

12. Its Going Down – Nicki Minaj (........This song isn’t much better. *growls* )
Lyric: ......something something......n-word........Nope. Skipping this one too.

13. Gravity of Love – Enigma (THANK YOU!)
Lyric: ‘Don’t think twice before you listen to your heart.’

Moment: It was a split decision. Shawn had no idea where his head was. He heard the music start to play, and could hear hushed whispers. This was happening – this was really happening....No. No it wasn’t. Grabbing his coat, Shawn was gone. He left a note to Charlotte with the longest apology he had ever given anyone – ever.
3 hours later and Shawn was across banging persistently against a front door. The door opened, and Lassiter looked him over confused. The last person he expected to see on his porch was Spencer. “Aren’t you supposed to be getting married today?”
“I don’t care.” Shawn breathed. “I was there, and I was ready, and I heard the music, and I saw all my friends sitting ......and I just.....Lassie...”
Lassiter didn’t need to hear anymore. He pulled Shawn close, and kissed him.

14. Knife Fight – Lemon Demon (........Uh..............god dammit......)
Lyric: ‘I’m tired, of your mind games. I’m sick of playing ‘don’t wait daddy good sir’ no more rock, paper, scissors for me. But Wait? Are we not civilized gentlemen here? ...I challenge you to a battle of knifes!”

Moment: Lassiter was fed up, fed up and ready to snap. “God dammit Spencer!” He yelled, and he held up the knife he was holding, waving it in Shawn’s face. “One more word out of you and I swear to god! No one will find your body!”
Shawn’s response was to grin, and gently he put his finger on the tip of the knife, pushing the fake blade inside the hilt. “Lassie – there are days when you’re damn right hilarious. Can I quote you?”

15. Picture to Burn – Taylor Swift
Lyric: ‘If you come around, saying you’re sorry to me – my daddy’s gonna show you how sorry you’ll be.’ (Not shassie......buuut Shassie is implied, so this totally counts!)

Moment: The second Henry answered the door, he was unimpressed to see the detective standing on his porch.
“Is Shawn here? I need to talk to him.”
“You need nothing.” Henry quipped. “Now get off my porch.”
Lassiter jumped on the defensive. “But..”
“Carlton, get off my porch.” Henry warned. “I will pistol whip you.”
“I need to talk to Shawn..”
“No you don’t. “ Henry said simply. “Here’s a tip detective. I can run faster angry then you can scared, now seriously – get off my porch.”
“But Shawn...”
“Pistol whipping in 3...2...”
Lassiter took off in a run.
Total Score: I got 13 out of 15 *deep breathe* Dammit it all lol......And the last scene wasn’t even Shassie, but I get a point for trying haha. My overall score: 12.5
Now it’s your turn to play! Don’t worry about how well you do, this isn’t a contest.

(lol I got tired of constantly clicking the b or typing in the code for bold lettering, hope you don't mind!)
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

https://shassieloveletters.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Revenge of the Shuffel! Empty Re: Revenge of the Shuffel!

Post  LyricReilly Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:19 am

Okay, here goes. The first part is done, the creation of the shuffle list. Next comes the hard part...or the fun part... Wink I'm a night owl, and I don't feel like going to bed yet. Just finished my doctoral work for the night, so time for a little fun! Here's the list:

1. All I Care About-Richard Gere from Chicago Motion Picture Soundtrack
2. Elephant Love Medley-Ewan McGregor/Nicole Kidman from Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
3. Brokeback Mountain 1-Gustavo Santaolalla from Brokeback Mountain Motion Picture Soundtrack (instrumental)
4. Falling Slowly-Elenowen from Blind Auditions to NBC's The Voice
5. Mama Tried-Merle Haggard
6. Savin' Me-Nickleback
7. Bad Romance-Lady Gaga
8. You'll Think of Me-Keith Urban
9. Stars-Les Miserables Musical Soundtrack
10. Back to December-Taylor Swift
11. Little Wonders-Rob Thomas from Meet the Robinsons Motion Picture Soundtrack
12. She Wouldn't Be Gone-Blake Shelton
13. One Day More-Les Miserables Musical Soundtrack
14. Old 'Monster Movie'-Jay Gruska from Supernatural Seasons 1-5 Soundtrack (instrumental)
15. Requiem for a Tower-Clint Mansel from Requiem for a Tower Dream (instrumental)

So that's the list. Now I'm off to try to do something with it. Wink

And I just want say, even though completely off topic....tonight's Supernatural episode was EPIC!! Very Happy
Dean: Cas, get out of my ass!
Cas: I've never been in your...

Okay, said my peace, now off to do some writing.

LyricReilly

Back to top Go down

Post  LyricReilly Sun May 01, 2011 1:21 am

Argghh! This is harder than I thought. Either that or my brain just isn't working. Right now I'm at 0 points for this list, but I am working toward a possible 1 point! Wink If I get it figured out, I'll post it. With the bulk of my list, I didn't think it would be this hard. I'm just gonna blame my doctoral research for my writing block....yeah, that works. That's why I'm having a hard time thinking. That and maybe because the only real plot bunny that keeps hopping around in my head is with Supernatural-Cas/Dean of course Wink

LyricReilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Sun May 01, 2011 11:24 am

lol its cool, there's no deadline or anything, also remember haha there's no rule that says you can't change your list you can play the original shassie shuffle as often as you'd like until you come up with a list you're happy with.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

https://shassieloveletters.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down