Shassie Love Letters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting a game - I need a Lassie.

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Starting a game - I need a Lassie. - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting a game - I need a Lassie.

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 am

Was everything okay? Shawn didn't know, his eyes landed on the smoothie however and he smiled. "Lassiefrass - ya do care!" That made Shawn unusually happy - however when asked if things were good now, Shawn couldn't give an honest answer. "I just woke up, not even 20 minutes ago." Shawn explained "I think a doctor or someone should be here soon to poke at me..." Ugh his chest still hurt, but he was breathing so he wasn't worried. "Lassie, I uh." Shawn blinked. "I don't really remember how I got here - can you fill in the blanks?" Shawn noted the way Lassiter was blushing, poor guy. Maybe by asking about what had happened would get Lassie into a better groove, after all he was the hero here.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

https://shassieloveletters.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Starting a game - I need a Lassie. - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting a game - I need a Lassie.

Post  allikitty699 Thu May 05, 2011 12:39 am

Lassiter glanced at Henry, unnerved. He wanted to tell Spencer that no, he didn't care, not at all, and he never would, but the words stuck in his throat, and he blamed Henry's presence for it. "It wasn't a big deal," he said, trying to play it off like nothing had happened. "You looked like you were having trouble breathing, so I brought you here." If he hadn't been so embarrassed by being caught with a gift for his nemesis, he'd be throwing the rescue in Spencer's face. He straightened his suit and tried to regain a little bit of his Lassiterian bravado. "And it's a good thing I did. You nearly died." He shook his head. "I swear, Spencer, only you are somehow dumb enough to get pneumonia in southern California!" Even as he said it, his stomach twisted. Spencer really had nearly died. Was he worried? Was he really, honestly worried about Shawn Spencer? Sweet lady justice.
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu May 05, 2011 12:55 am

allikitty699 wrote:Lassiter glanced at Henry, unnerved. He wanted to tell Spencer that no, he didn't care, not at all, and he never would, but the words stuck in his throat, and he blamed Henry's presence for it. "It wasn't a big deal," he said, trying to play it off like nothing had happened. "You looked like you were having trouble breathing, so I brought you here." If he hadn't been so embarrassed by being caught with a gift for his nemesis, he'd be throwing the rescue in Spencer's face. He straightened his suit and tried to regain a little bit of his Lassiterian bravado. "And it's a good thing I did. You nearly died." He shook his head. "I swear, Spencer, only you are somehow dumb enough to get pneumonia in southern California!" Even as he said it, his stomach twisted. Spencer really had nearly died. Was he worried? Was he really, honestly worried about Shawn Spencer? Sweet lady justice.

Blinked, died? He nearly died?! Dear lord, how the hell......Wait no......this isn't a surprise to him, he was pretty sure Gus mentioned dying - did he didn't he? Oh dear. "Thank you anyway." Shawn sounded encouraging, he wasn't about to tell anyone he was so confused he couldn't even remember significant details from a few minutes prior, to keep grounded he focused all his attention on Lassie...Lassie sure looked good holding that smoothie, or did the smoothie look good being held by Lassie? Smoothie? Lassie? Smoothie? Lassie? Screw it, he was asking Lassie for some of that smoothie. "Hey smoothie, why don't you come over here and give me some of that delicious Lassie?" Shawn hadn't realized that his sentence was backwards and seemed to be put off by the odd way everyone was now staring at him in.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Thu May 05, 2011 1:13 am

((XDDD I think I just had a happiness spasm. I love Shawn so much.))

Good lord. If Lassiter had thought his cheeks were warm before, they were burning now. He shoved the smoothie into Shawn's hand with a stony expression. "Quit messing around, Spencer," he growled. "This is a serious situation. The Chief has been calling me all morning trying to figure out what's going on, and she won't believe me when I tell you're fine." He tossed his phone at the psychic. "Call her back." He looked guiltily at Spencer's father. "I didn't mean to worry you, Henry. I got a phone call from him this morning asking for medicine, and when I went to give it to him, he collapsed. I just figured you should know that something was happening."
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 am

Would've given a triumphant, "huzzah!" when Lassiter said he had been called, see? He wasn't a liar, he did call somebody - and somebody showed up. Shawn remembered then having just pushed re-dial on his phone when he made the call too. Anyhow his inner thought process was interrupted when he became of Lassiter's phone sitting in his lap, Shawn lifted the phone and progressed to call the chief.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Thu May 05, 2011 2:43 am

( . . . D: Holy Crap. I close my eyes for a minute, and BAM! Give me another hour or so, got something I have to do.)
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Location : Nowhere you really need to know. Unless it's life threatening.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Thu May 05, 2011 2:51 am

((It's totally fine. I have to go to bed like now if I don't want to hate myself at work tomorrow. D: Should we break for the night?))
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 am

(To be honest, I just woke up. ^.^;; But if you guys wanna break for the night, I'll just do my post and wait.)
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 am

((Whatever you guys wanna do, no worries. Smile I'm sure I'll be able to catch up. No matter what we do, this is turning out to be a REALLY fun RP. Very Happy))
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu May 05, 2011 3:11 am

allikitty699 wrote:((Whatever you guys wanna do, no worries. Smile I'm sure I'll be able to catch up. No matter what we do, this is turning out to be a REALLY fun RP. Very Happy))

(( Agreed, and yeah its - 2 am where I am LOL. Time for sleeep.))
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 am

(Well, it's four something where I'm at.)

Having been caught by surprise with both Mr. Spencer and Lassiter barging into the room, Gus hadn't exactly come up with a response yet. However, it seemed he didn't have to on the whole Shawn having pneumonia thing. About the case on the other hand . . .

"Shawn, hold up. We do have a case, remember? Double homicide with the lady in the weird pet shop?" He raised an eyebrow. "Ring any bells up there?" He waved a hand beside his head, waggling his fingers a bit. If Shawn couldn't remember something so important, it would mean that something was definitely wrong. And he was about to call the Chief. Can anyone say, 'Panic mode initiate'?

And where the hell was that doctor? Or nurse, whichever.
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddles of the Werewolf Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 am

9Okay guys, I'm really busy, leaving right now, just give me until a little later today and Henry will be posted.)
Riddles of the Werewolf
Riddles of the Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Thu May 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Riddles of the Werewolf wrote:9Okay guys, I'm really busy, leaving right now, just give me until a little later today and Henry will be posted.)

(( Its cool, post whenever you can, Very Happy ))

Shawn had the phone to his ear, and when the Chief didn't answer he took that as a good omen and simply handed the phone back to Lassie. The way Gus looked at him, and the way Gus answered him had Shawn on considerable edge. Double Homicide? At a pet store? Errr......YES! Yes, there was a double homicide at the pet store - recognition lit up behind Shawn's eyes. "Ohhh yeah, pet store deaths and......" Oh yeah! Shawn had an intangible habit of doing field work late at night when the world was still asleep, it suddenly clicked in his head that he had been in the pet store the night before he woke up sick. It happened then, something Lassie said.......something........someting.....pneumonia in South California......Which pegged the question how DID Shawn catch pneumonia? He mentally re-traced his steps, about 10pm after the crime scene was abandoned Shawn went in to peek around, he just finished looking at the blood in the front of store and was heading on to the back. Shawn wrinkled his brows then - he went to the back of the store and? He didn't remember. He was heading into the back of the store aaand......he woke up sick the next day. The hell? Still thinking about it, he took the smoothie now in his hands and took a long thoughful sip. Pineapple goodness seemed to jar him back into some form a normality and for some reason he thought he'd be appropriate to give Lassie a suggestive wink whilst sipping his straw - slowly.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Fri May 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Lassiter felt his heart skip, and he jerked away from Spencer's side. He had never felt embarrassment so profoundly as he did at that moment. He looked at Henry, unnerved. He was a sharp guy - would he notice Lassiter's reaction? Could he see the fantasy (not even a fantasy - more like a millisecond fantasy-let) that had flashed through his brain? The head detective almost cringed at the thought. He needed to get out of there before he completely gave himself away. "Well, unlike some people, I have real work to do." He adjusted his tie, not meeting anyone's gaze. He wanted to leave, but he couldn't quite bring himself to. He doubted anyone would let him know what was happening with Spencer if he left. O'Hara will want to know what's wrong with him, he told himself. I can't go back to her without any word on his condition. It wasn't like he wanted to stay there. Not at all...
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddles of the Werewolf Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, Henry surveyed the crowd like an outsider. He knew he probably shouldn't get involved in the case Shawn was working, but call it fatherly instinct or police-retirement depression, but Henry wanted to know what was going on...not that he'd let Shawn know he was willingly listening in on one of his cases. It wasn't like he was going to help the kid or anything...

But of course all those thoughts disappeared when Henry saw Shawn wink.

He had to take a double to take to make sure some young little nurse hadn't just entered the room because the only other person Shawn could have been looking at was Lassiter, and that didn't make any sense. Shawn's head was just jumbled and cloudy, and of course there was the medication he was on that was clogging his mind even more.

Yes, it was just a mist-

Is Lassiter blushing?

Shawn's actions were explainable because Shawn was ridiculous, flirty, jokey, and just plain stupid. But Lassiter? What could possible cause that reaction?

But his thoughts came to a stop as a realization swept over him.

They like each other.

Suddenly Henry felt amused, and couldn't help the smile (or was it smirk?) that crossed over his face.
Riddles of the Werewolf
Riddles of the Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Fri May 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Lassiter glanced up at Henry, and the bottom seemed to drop out of his stomach. What was that smile about? Oh God. He knew. He had to. After a lifetime of keeping his attraction to men secret, someone knew. And all because Spencer had to suck on that straw like the star of a Cinemax production.
You're being paranoid. He's just smiling, for God's sake. You saved his kid's life. What's he going to do? Punch you?
At that moment, Lassiter almost hoped he would punch him. He couldn't stand thinking that Henry had just guessed his biggest secret.
"What?" he snapped, hoping to distract Henry from his red face.
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddles of the Werewolf Fri May 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Henry wasn't an idiot. He could clearly see these two were oblivious of their feelings toward each other, and unlike his son, he actually thought about what he wanted to say before he actually said it. So Henry wasn't going to start blabbing away like a god-awful gossip about this new discovery. But hell, he was going to enjoy watching these two dance around their emotions.

"I just wanted to thank you Detective Lassiter. My son, well, you know him. He'd be dead right now if it wasn't for you." Henry's face turned serious. Saying that last part out loud just seemed wrong. "And thanks for having the sense to call me and tell me about it. I'm guessing you called Gus, too?"
Riddles of the Werewolf
Riddles of the Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Sat May 07, 2011 12:39 am

Saw Lassie's reaction, but swore that maybe it was in his head..although a part of Shawn hoped maybe it wasn't. Shawn unlike Lassie didn't keep that part of him secret, if people asked - yeah he liked guys, and if people asked - sure he liked girls...sorta....It was all really trivial really, of course Shawn was pretty trivial most of the time, he looked up as his dad addressed Lassie and offered a smile in agreeance. If Lassie called Henry then yeah Lassie called Gus too, and thanks to Lassie Shawn was alive and in the company of his three favourite men. "Lassie did amazing, an absolute winner in my book." Shawn gave the comment off hand, and maybe would've said more if he didn't get hit with a wave of fatigue. You'd think after waking up from a near death experience someone like Shawn would be eager to be up and out and running triatholons or something....but nah, he was worn. He just managed to put the smoothie down on the small table near his bed before that happy-go-lucky head of his hit his pillow. He didn't let himself go to sleep just yet however; he was waiting for Gus to say something more on the case, he was waiting for a doctor or a nurse to come in and say anything at all, and also he was kind of hoping Lassie would blush again, it was rare Lassie's face went that shade of pink - Shawn liked it. So he just lay there quietly, with his eyes half ajar, and fighting against sleep.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 am

Lassiter ignored Spencer's comment - for the most part. He couldn't ignore the slightly warm feeling that flowed through him. Sometimes he wondered if he lived off praise. It definitely felt that way. "I called you and Guster and left a message for O'Hara," he told Henry. "But it was nothing. He called me, so I went to go see him." Slight guilt made its way into Lassiter's conscious mind. And yet, you still couldn't get him here earlier. If only you hadn't taken so damn long at that stupid store looking for medicine - he pushed the thought away. Instead, he thought about what Spencer had said, and leaned down to look at the psychic. "If you need sleep, then sleep." He tried to snap, but it came out far more kindly than he'd intended. "You need rest if you're going to try and solve a case."
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Sat May 07, 2011 8:18 am

Gus rolled his eyes at Shawn's obvious flirting, though he seemed unaware of Lassiter's reactions to it. He shook his head a bit and looked over his shoulder to see if any of the passing nurses were going to stop in Shawn's room. He got up out of his seat when none did, deciding he'd just have to get one personally. Just as he reached the door however, a pretty, short blonde wearing light purple Snoopy-printed scrubs and a smile nearly walked into him.

"Oh, hi there! Sorry, I didn't see you."

Gus immediately painted on his charming smile and politely shook his head. "Oh it's no problem, ma'am."

She stood there smiling for another moment or two, until she started trying to see past him. "Um, excuse me?"

"Right, right." Duh, Guster. He followed her to the edge of Shawn's bed and waited while she started checking up on him.

"Good morning, Mr. Spencer. My name is Karmin. How're you feeling today?" She smiled kindly down at him while she checked his vitals and the IV in his arm. When she spotted the smoothie on the nightstand, her brow knitted slightly, but she didn't ask about it.
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Sat May 07, 2011 10:22 am

Gave Lassie a once over and decided that if no one had been in the room he totally would've squeezed his hand... Sleep did sound like a good idea - but argh, people were dead and no one had yet to be brought in. Shawn wasn't a cop, but he was his father's son so that fact hacked at him a little and it was in that moment did he look greatly displeased about being stuck in a hospital bed. However Lassie did have a point, he did need to sleep - and he would've too, Gus was up and on the verge of leaving until Karmin nearly smashed into him. Talk about bad timing, how could he sleep if this nurse was asking him questions? Or maybe explaining how he even got pneumonia? Regardless of what Karmin had to say, Shawn struggled to sit up a bit giving the nurse a slight look over. "Tell me something awesome." Shawn urged. "Or at the very least how I got here." There was a slight moment of silence before Shawn added a small "err-- please."
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Mon May 09, 2011 10:35 am

*twiddles thumbs*
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Mon May 09, 2011 12:26 pm

(Er, sorry. ^.^;; I got busy yesterday with Mother's Day and all . . . and why does my previous post seem like I've read that somewhere before? Darnit. :/ )

Karmin the nurse smiled a little more at him. "You were checked in around four hours ago by your colleague, a Detective Lassiter. At the time all he could tell us was that you were sick and having trouble breathing. From what I understand here, you suffered a heart failure and had to be resuscitated." Her smile faded a bit while she gently patted his arm. She seemed genuinely unhappy that Shawn had almost died. "Now," She withdrew her hand. "All your vitals seem to check out, but your blood pressure and heart rate are higher than I would like. Your doctor will have more to ask, but are you still having difficulty breathing? Any pressure or anything?"

Gus stood quietly by with his hands on his hips, chewing on the inside of his lip and still hoping the worst was already over. 'Please be okay, Shawn, but don't you dare lie to her. Or I will slap you silly.' He thought.
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Tue May 10, 2011 1:26 am

"When will he be able to go back to work?" Lassiter tried to keep any semblance of concern out of his voice. He gave Henry and Gus a nervous half-glance and added, "My partner will want to know. He has a case to work on, and we need him." Crap, he said "we." He never wanted to talk about Spencer and himself as a we. He felt ridiculously awkward, and paranoid. What if Henry and Guster caught onto that remark as well? He was digging himself in way too deep. "And how did he get pneumonia, anyway?"
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Tue May 10, 2011 2:18 am

Shawn had to be honest with the doctor, the stare Gus was giving him pretty much ensured that. He already told Gus his chest felt like it was being sat on by a small dog. "My chest." Shawn admitted. "Still tight." Shawn took a long breathe, it withered a bit near the end but he made it. Good lord he was tired, he blinked rapidly trying to keep up. Lassie's voice however broke his trance and he was alert again, "We?" Shawn blinked, Lassie's statement shifted then and Shawn's head was back up looking over to Karmin curiously, he too would like to know how he could possibly get pneumonia. Obviously she wouldn't have the exact cause, but something basic he could build on. Shawn hadn't said anything to Gus but he could see Gus leaning forward a bit whilst waiting Karmin's answer.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next