Shassie Love Letters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You RP?

+2
Aura Hummingbird
Antivertigo
6 posters

Go down

Do You RP? Empty Do You RP?

Post  Antivertigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Seriously, how many of us actually do roleplays? I know I do, but not really any fanfiction-esque RP's. What about you guys?
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Location : Nowhere you really need to know. Unless it's life threatening.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do You RP? Empty Re: Do You RP?

Post  Aura Hummingbird Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm an avid rper, have been since my early teens. It's fun, I think everyone should try it! Fo Sho
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

https://shassieloveletters.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:36 pm

^.^ Cool. What kind of RP's do you normally do?
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:41 pm

It really depends on who I'm rping with / where I'm rping. There's a website I go to called the keep that's strictly free form rping. All my posts are paragraphs and you're pretty much in a room with 2-5 other people.

Then if its just me and a friend either on msn or in a private chat then we just shoot one liners at each other.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Hehe, me and a friend of mine do those one-liner conversations with our characters. They're generally very . . . random and totally unrealistic. XD The forum where we roleplay has a bunch of other Rp'ers, with at least 6 libraries of characters. We've taken to writing 'Behind the Scenes' parody fics for them.

A lot of the roleplays that I've done are all statistical roleplays. It sounds kinda boring, I know, but only because of the name. It's like playing an RPG in text on a forum, with your own epic descriptions of what your character does and says, and all that good stuff, while you fight monsters and the like. Or each other, if you wish.
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 pm

That's essentially what the keep is, only instead of a forum its a chat room, so you get responses the same day....usually within 5 minutes. Very Happy

Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antivertigo Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:55 pm

I think I once got an invitation to the Keep, but I never joined. Hrm.
Antivertigo
Antivertigo

Back to top Go down

Post  rubydesires Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm

I love roleplaying. The way I do it depends on whom I'm roleplaying with.
rubydesires
rubydesires

Back to top Go down

Post  allikitty699 Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 am

I've done a few original RPs, but I would be stoked to try fanfiction roleplays. Smile If anyone would like to help me out, that is. All of the ones I've done have been posted in several paragraphs, but I can adapt pretty easily.
allikitty699
allikitty699

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddles of the Werewolf Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 pm

I've never really tried role-playing before...not too seriously anyway. I think me and my one friend did a short role-play once, but that's it. The idea of it has always sounded fun though, and I'd love to give it a shot on this forum. I think I'm going to wait to see an example of how one would play out before I try though.
Riddles of the Werewolf
Riddles of the Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  LyricReilly Sun May 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Riddles of the Werewolf wrote:I've never really tried role-playing before...not too seriously anyway. I think me and my one friend did a short role-play once, but that's it. The idea of it has always sounded fun though, and I'd love to give it a shot on this forum. I think I'm going to wait to see an example of how one would play out before I try though.

I'm the same. I've heard of it, but I've never done role play, but I would be interested in trying it after seeing an example of how it's done.

LyricReilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Hummingbird Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

LyricReilly wrote:
Riddles of the Werewolf wrote:I've never really tried role-playing before...not too seriously anyway. I think me and my one friend did a short role-play once, but that's it. The idea of it has always sounded fun though, and I'd love to give it a shot on this forum. I think I'm going to wait to see an example of how one would play out before I try though.

I'm the same. I've heard of it, but I've never done role play, but I would be interested in trying it after seeing an example of how it's done.

I posted an rp in another topic, the way I do it - you're writing a story with someone, only you're only allowed to write in the pov of the character you're playing. I'm going to be on the keep momentarily, with the other player's permission I'll copy and paste a few posts of my game so you have a better idea of how its done. Smile
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Riddles of the Werewolf Sun May 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Aura Hummingbird wrote:
LyricReilly wrote:

I posted an rp in another topic, the way I do it - you're writing a story with someone, only you're only allowed to write in the pov of the character you're playing. I'm going to be on the keep momentarily, with the other player's permission I'll copy and paste a few posts of my game so you have a better idea of how its done. Smile

That sounds really helpful - I really want to give this role-playing thing a try.
Riddles of the Werewolf
Riddles of the Werewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  LyricReilly Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 am

Riddles of the Werewolf wrote:
Aura Hummingbird wrote:
LyricReilly wrote:

That sounds really helpful - I really want to give this role-playing thing a try.

Same here. I think that would be really helpful. It sounds like fun. Very Happy

LyricReilly

Back to top Go down

Do You RP? Empty Exerpt From Last Night's RP

Post  Aura Hummingbird Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

So here's my game from last night, I meant to post it earlier but it got really late and I was really tired. Anyway, the character I played with was actually new - so I apologize if the content is a little dry - this is our characters meeting for the first time - I wrote under the username Scott while the other play used the name Jackson. Here's the beginning of our game - >

Scott: seemed to be drawn to the cafe like a magnet, Scott moved through the door with a hop, skip, and a jump and made haste for the front counter. His orders as always being an extra large coffee with three milks and three sugars. As the barista moved to fill his order, Scott’s eyes swayed over to where the desserts were on display; chocolate fudge cake? A childish grin then appeared on his face – why not? The barista placed his order in front of him, and Scott the initiative of politely cutting the employee off. “Sorry...Could I also have the biggest slice of cake you can spare?” The barista’s response was to give a slightly annoyed glare regardless however Scott got his cake, he gave an enthusiastic “thanks!” and in the same odd food work he used to enter the cafe – he made his way to the first empty table he saw – right smack dab in the middle of the place.

Jackson: really only made his way into the cafe for one reason: chairs. He wanted to sit down. And he looked like he wanted to sit down. But, before he could do that, he should probably at least order something, right? So, boot-clad feet dragged the slumping man toward the counter, where he got himself a bottle of water and a cup of plain ol' black coffee. How thrilling! After sliding cash across the counter, Jack nudged the bill of the worn out baseball cap he wore up and scratched at his forehead, before tugging it right back down, snatching up both beverages, and moving to collapse into the first chair he came across. Getting himself comfortable, Jackson eyed the man nearby with the piece of cake large enough to put one into a diabetic coma, and cocked a brow. How could one person eat that much cake at one time? It made his stomach hurt just thinking about it.

Scott: could handle his chocolate just fine, owning the mindset of a 12 year old girl on a constant sugar rush, the cake didn’t appear to be phasing him – say for the overly ridiculous grin that had yet to leave his features. Scott’s appearance was – an odd one, brown hair scruffy and unkempt, clean shaven features, and pale blue eyes that did very little to draw attention to himself. Not that he really needed it, the way he acted did very well to do that for him, quietly humming a tune that had been stuck in his head since he heard it on the radio that morning, and cutting up the cake into little squares so that he could enjoy it accordingly. He only stops his actions when he notices Jackson – and if possible that grin of his got wider. Scott was overly friendly but of course clueless, not really noticing that Jackson was eyeing his cake with distaste, Scott reaches over and grabbing the extra fork on his table stabs a considerably large piece of the cake he chopped up, he then progressed to offer the piece to Jackson. “Its good for the soul.” Scott made it sound like a promise.

Jackson on the other hand, looked a little worse for wear. Physical labor would do that to you. Stubble lined his cheeks and messy hair was hidden beneath that cap, and the slightly dirtied t-shirt and jeans he wore, along with the boots, were evidence to the fact he'd spent most of the day outside. Anyway, still eying that cake, Jackson was oblivious to the fact that the other man had moved until he heard him speak. Brown eyes flickered up to the man as he blinked, and then looked to the hunk of cake he was being offered. “Uh,” he started, before furrowing his brow and shaking his head, “I'm good. Thanks.” Jackson gave the man a salute, and a tiny smile, before he reached for his coffee to take a healthy swig. “You seem to be enjoying it, so I'd hate to take any away from you.” Jack shrugged, took another swig, and slouched a little farther into his chair.

Scott: offered another small grin, and though it took a while he finally seemed to be taking in the way Jackson sat to the way he talked. Boy was the other man tired, Scott immediately felt bad for badgering him. “Oh cake is much more enjoyable when you share it.” Scott explained. “At least that’s what my old nanny used to say – bless her heart; I have yet to notice a difference in taste.” He put the cake back on his place, and helped himself to a rather large bite. Compared to Jackson Scott’s attire was painfully bright, a yellow t-shirt that oddly looked good on him and freshly washed jeans. Smoother skin indicated he never worked a day of physical labour in his life. He meant well however, and not wanting Jackson to think he was a complete un-understanding prick he reached for his cake again – this time with his finger, and scooping up some icing with his finger, he smeared it across one of his arms. “Now we look alike.” Scott smiled.

Jackson: canted his head to the side slightly, as if he were trying to figure out the logic in that. Why would it taste any different? He would've thought it tasted better when you had it all to yourself... but oh well. Shifting to sit forward, Jackson rested his elbows on the edge of his table and rounded his shoulders slightly, before shifting his gaze back over to the other guy and arching a brow slowly as he watched him smear icing on his arm. With a thoughtful nod, Jackson glanced down to his own tanned skin and then over to the icing-covered skin and gave a slight shrug. “We could be twins,” he stated in agreement, letting a quiet chuckle escape as he raised his coffee again and took another swig, his eyes briefly drifting around the oddly empty cafe before returning to the other man and his cake. “Separated at birth or something.” Most likely 'or something.'

Scott: gave a thoughtful nod at the twin comment. “Maybe” Scott offered. The chuckle wasn’t audible – but Scott could see it if only just barely and that honestly made him feel good. Call him a sucker but enjoyed being able to make people laugh or smile. “Separated at birth...” Scott mused for a second. He then appeared to look Jackson over quite thoroughly. “Actually – nah.” Scott changed his mind like the flick of a switch. “You’re way too manly.” Another grin and Scott brought the icing covered arm to his mouth – and though it looked very unsanitary he showed no problem in licking the icing off of himself before dabbing the now damp spot on his arm with a napkin. All the while he seemed to shift in personality, appearing more calm – his posture even straitened slightly. “I’m Scott by the way; may I ask who you are?”

Jackson: reached up again, nudging the cap back to both scratch at his forehead and get the thing out of his eyes so that the upper part of his face could actually be seen. He left it pushed back that way, only because taking it off completely would mean exposing the poor guy to his hat hair. As Jackson watched the other man look him over, a brow raised slowly, before he snorted and cracked a light smirk at being called manly. “Fraternal twins, then.” he offered with a shrug, before he finished off his coffee and nudged the empty cup away. Folding his arms along the edge of the table, he cocked his head to the side slightly before chuckling again. “Jackson,” he said simply, the corners of his mouth still curved into a mildly amused smirk as he stretched out and extended a rough, calloused hand toward the man for a shake.
Aura Hummingbird
Aura Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum